NOTE: Erin is currently on maternity leave and will be returning late September 2018
Erin Lynn has been a physiotherapist full-time for 7 years. After graduating from the University of British Columbia in Physiotherapy (following a Human Kinetics degree from the University of British Columbia), she has worked in private practice throughout the Lower Mainland.
As a past physiotherapist for the National Men’s Field Hockey Team and as a clinician she has worked with people from a variety of cultural and athletic backgrounds.
She presently treats many sports and recreational injuries and enjoys working with adults who have pain related to desk jobs. She believes in teaching ergonomics, proper posture and core stability in order to prevent “desk-related” pain.
Erin enjoys incorporating her certification in Acupuncture in treating a variety of orthopedic injuries.
She recently trained and completed her second Marathon and enjoys treating and preventing running injuries through muscular balancing, core stabilization and education of proper running mechanics.
Erin enjoys using a very “hands-on” approach to treat pain and tries to empower each client to learn the necessary self-management skills to prevent future recurrences of symptoms.
- Completed Acupuncture Certification from The Acupuncture Foundation of Canada (Feb 2005)
- Completed Levels 1, 2, and 3 (lower extremity) from the Orthopedic Division (2003 – 2007)
- Completed the Arthritis Continuing Education Course in assessment and treatment of Rheumatic Diseases (May 2004).
- Certified educator for early Osteoarthritis intervention information sessions (June 2004).
- Completed CBI’s Stage I course for pain management (April 2004).
- Attended education on surgical and physiotherapy management of the shoulder (October 2003)
- Certified to practice Acupuncture
- Completed Level 1, 2 and 3 (lower extremity) Orthopedic Manual Therapy Courses
- Certified Educator for early Osteoarthritis Intervention (Assessment and Treatment) from the Arthritis Society
- National Men’s Field Hockey Team 2003-2004